What could they be talking about?

What could they be talking about?

Never allow the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game!

Babe Ruth

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Mom tomorrow we might have snow.."

GGGrrrr...I dislike snow.  Had it not be for the fact that I missed my family so horribly living three thousand miles away..you would have had to drag me kicking and screaming from warm, sunny San Diego.  Ohhh how I do miss that weather.

So here we are...back to that time of the year.  Back to cold..wind...ice...and snow.  Oh yes, the snow is beautiful when if falls.  But as far as I'm concerned...it can snow on Christmas Even and melt on the 26th.  Maybe it's because I dont do any winter activities...like snowmobiling, or skiing...lol..I prefer my bones unbroken!  Maybe it's because I am single and have to shovel my own snow..lol.  Or maybe because I have no one to put my cold feet on at night.  REALLY..I am NOT complaining...just trying to figure out my extreme dislike of winter!  Maybe it's because I live in Wisconsin...and winter lasts forever.  Maybe it's the two hours a day I spend on the road...even in cruddy weather...regardless...

I have a five year old who is so excited that we might have snow tomorrow..that he's still wide awake in his bed..two hours after bedtime...ugh!  So there will be snow...and a crab!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it. You are a snow crab. Just hide in your shell until next spring. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katie-
    I am a newer follower of your Blog. I am from Black Creek Wisconsin. And I couldn't agree with you more. I dislike the snow! Well I like it when it snows for Christmas. I hate driving in the winter. I only have to go 10 miles to my job, but there have been days when it has taken me 45 minutes to drive that 10 miles in the snow, Lol! As I get older, I hate the cold! I try to grin and bear it for my 10 yr old son who absolutely loves the outdoors and the cold. I run out quick, build a snowman with him, and run back in freezing and ready for that hot chocolate, Lol! Hope you have a wonderful week! I will be thinking of you if we get that snow! Take care!

    ReplyDelete