What could they be talking about?

What could they be talking about?

Never allow the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game!

Babe Ruth

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New old shelf...

I'm eventually going to redo the boys room in navy, red, and cream..with old toys and game boards.  So..I remembered a quilt shelf I had in my garage...plus I have a beautiful quilt my Aunt made for Zachary when he was born.  Which means that quilt is almost 26 years old!  Wow.  Zach spit up on it once...I put it away after that, lol!  No baby is going to puke on MY (ok..his) quilt that's for sure!  I think it turned out really nice.  It's hard to tell from the pictures.  I really do need to ask Santa for a camera.  This taking pics with my phone and having to share them on facebook, then download them off there is getting old! 

Here's the shelf before..my Aunt thought it was a picture of a church kneeler! hehe.



I sanded..and I painted..and I painted..and I sanded..and I stained..and it wasn't easy..cuz I'm not real patient....AND then...I ended up with this...like I said it looks WAY better in person.  Guess you need to take a drive to cold and snowy Wisconsin and take a peak yourself.  I'll put on a pot of Pumpkin Spice Coffee in the morning...lol!


Here it is in the boys room.  Now I need to find some neat game boards and old toys to fill it up with! I like it...and so does Kaden..so THAT'S the important thing!




You also must check out a couple of really neat give aways I discovered today.  I just love the blog world..Go and check out:

Kim at The Barn Hallow is giving away this adorable snowman couple

Willa at The Old Country Door is also giving away an adorable snowman.


And Faye at The Blessed Hearth also has a giveaway.


She has the most beautiful pictures on her blog.  You must check her out!


Can you believe these amazing, talented women are so incredibly generous!


2 comments:

  1. GREAT shelf makeover! And I love the quilt!
    Coffee sounds good but it would take me a loooonnng time to drive to Wisconsin though I'd really love to jump on an airplane and come see it all in person!
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shelf looks great! What's you next project? I'll be there for some coffee (wish it was a bit closer though)

    ReplyDelete