What could they be talking about?

What could they be talking about?

Never allow the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game!

Babe Ruth

Monday, February 13, 2012

Is labor and delivery to much...

For Kaden that is.  Kaden seems to be mesmerized by my job.  He actually has been even when I was working as a home health nurse.  He always wanted to know what I did when I helped Mom's get babies out of their tummy's.  We would have to play baby.  Ohhhh...yessss...I think I may have shared this game, but just in case..here goes...

He crawl up on top of me.  I'd have to cover him up with a blanket.  THEN I had to pretend I was Rosie, or Beth..or who knows who that day.  My nurse would be Rosie, or Beth, or who knows who also.  I'd have to go through the ENTIRE scene of events from being admitted to the hospital to giving birth.  We'd have to play this numerous times and quick deliveries were NOT allowed.  Seriously...we had to go over what a clear liquid diet was (I'm guessing he's the only kid in kindergarten that can whip out THAT information), hooking me up to the monitor..(which many times was my yoga block and stretchy bands), to him even making the heart beat...beep beep beep.  AND oh yes...sometimes the heart beat would slow wayyyy down...beeeeeep  beeeeeep...and I would have to be rushed to a c-section!!  I'm hoping...this fascination leads to a long and prosperous career as an ob gyn some day!!!

Well...now that I've returned to the wonderful world of labor and delivery...my son wants to hear all about my nights all the time.  Sometimes I have to replay the stories over and over..I'm guessing until he has all the details straight in his little head.  C-sections still seem to be his favorites..as he'll ask if I had to do a c-section today or not.  Not sure he doesn't realize I actually DON'T cut the baby out...but we'll just let him think I'm super woman for now, hehee!!!

Sooooo...last night....he asked me to tie a tape measure around his waist.  I then catch him taping it to the end table...hmmm...perhaps a monitor?  I giggle...and go about my business.  When I return...he is laying on the two stools.  Apparently these stools make for a wonderful ambulance.  Hmmm..thinking he's listening when I say a Mom was brought in by ambulance...and hoping he's NOT listening when I continue on with the story of how three minutes after she arrives 20 drunk family members come in behind her...ugh!!!!  (this happens a lot, really!  I am NOT kidding!)

Anyway...here is a picture of how my son went to bed last night.  I guess he needed to actually TAPE the roll of tape to his belly too...ahhh yea. 



Really folks..I can't make this stuff up, lol!!  He did get out of bed later and ask that I remove the contraption as it was "uncomfotable."

5 comments:

  1. He sounds like such a sweetie! He is so interested in what you do when you go to work - he sure loves his mamma! I bet he ends up a doctor! LOL! Thanks for the chuckle ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. To cute!!!
    I think he is going to grow up to be a doctor!
    It just amazes me how much they absorb.
    Enjoy the moment!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Ha. He just might be the first Male to break science and actually find a way to carry and birth a baby. Then, he will do it. Yes, oh, yes. He will be rich one day. I am so happy that you don't discourage him from his curiosty and role play. Plus, it's a way for him to connect with you. You are the best mommy:) Thanks for sharing your wonderful life with him. You are blessed. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least he knows were and how babies really come...smile..~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. He sounds like a lot of fun. Keeps your imagination going. Love the picture. Hope you and your family have a Happy Valentines Day.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete